Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Will

It's that time of year again, sleigh bells ring, snow(if applicable) is glistening, silver bells, yadda yadda yadda." You all get the picture. With light of recent, and not so recent events I've decided to per situation, update this blog with the goings on of myself and other 08'graduates who saw the job market literally dry up upon graduation. Potential job offers, interviews, and other job candidate entertaining all lead to a big great NOTHING for most.

From JobSearchNews.com, "By the time of graduation over half of those that had applied for jobs in 2007 had already secured a position. In 2008 this statistic fell to 26 percent." That is exactly what we are dealing with here. I was lucky enough to secure a commission based salary position that has given me great experience in the industry I want to continue my career path in, but others were not.

Still, 2009 hasn't proven any better, even with the year and half of in agency experience at Libre Design and RAEN Optics I still have yet to see many applications, emails, phone calls, cover letter + resume + recommendation packets responded to.

I would replace any presents under my meager tree with a new job. More on this to come.

No comments: