Sunday, April 27, 2008

Career Jamming


Equipped with some last minute advice from a mentor of mine, I decided to Jam on up to Portland for the Portland Advertising Federation's "Career Jam" this past weekend. With my resume and a cover letter in hand, I had the chance to participate in some rousing Panel discussions held by members of Portland's finest Ad/ Branding agencies and also dominate a couple rounds of "speed interviews." I learned a lot, interviewed a lot, ate to little, made some valuable connections and listened to the best speech from this freelance copywriter who will remain nameless (not only due to my memory but also because the paper that I jotted his name down on is at the bottom of my bag and I have yet to unpack!). I'm beginning to think this Portland place has a plan for me.

No comments: